Valley of the Kings Great Marico
Great Marico Overview
The Valley of the Kings Great Marico
The Valley of the Kings Great Marico is situated on the farm Rietfontein in the North West province close to Zeerust and an hour’s drive from Sun City. The reserve of 3 000 hectares in size and is home to the Big 5 and the only farm of its kind that has licenses and permits to breed the Big 5 on this reserve. The property is also registered to breed any other kind of wildlife animal available in South Africa.Black Rhino may now also be introduced onto the property as it used to be its habitat not so long ago.
Ruins, the same as those found in Zimbabwe was found on the property and the site was declared as a heritage site by the South African Government.
The Valley of the Kings Great Marico offers a more robust style of accommodation with one main lodge offering accommodation for 12 people. We are in process of revamping a second lodge and envisage building a 3rd tented camp in the following 6 months that will push our accommodation number up to 24 people.
An exclusive 5 star dam lodge is also envisaged in the next 12 months.
Facilities in rooms:
- En-suite bathrooms with bath and shower
- Roof fan
- Mini bar
- Coffee & tea facility
Facilities at Main Lodge:
- Dining area
- Fire boma
- Coffee area
- Television room equipped with satellite channels
- Office access with telephone and fax
Parking: Secure parking at the main lodge.
Check in time: as per request
Check out time: as per request
Method of payment: Master, Visa, Diner’s club, debit card and cash
- Big Five Game Drives
- Guided Bush Walks
- Bush Wine Tastings
- Bush Dining
- Selected Hunting Safaris
- Learn about the stars – Basic but interesting star-gazing for kids and adults. Grab a sleeping bag and lie on the grass at the Main Lodge for star-gazing.
- Hunting books and DVD’s
- Board games and puzzles.
- Game identification book.
- Fishing at Main Lodge dam – We supply the equipment and you make your own fishing rod to catch fish! Rangers will assist and supervise the children when fishing. A BIG HIT!
- Bush picnics
- Small vehicle game drives